Lyn Wells’ Winter Black Truffle Risotto
80g Onion, finely chopped
15g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
320g Carnaroli Rice
120g White Wine
600g Vegetable Stock
100g Parmesan Cheese, microplane
100g Heavy Cream, whipped to medium peaks
To Taste Champagne Vinegar
Black Truffles, for shaving
- In a medium rondeau, sweat the onion in olive oil and salt until completely tender.
- Add rice and increase the heat to toast the rice. Should not add any color.
- Add the wine and cook until dry. It is important to cook the wine out completely.
- Add the vegetable stock all at once and bring to a simmer. Allow the vegetable stock to completely reduce. Stir as needed to avoid sticking, but otherwise the rice should be left to cook undisturbed.
- Once cooked dry check the doneness of the rice should be al dente, if not add more vegetable stock.
- Add in parmesan, stir until melted. Add in heavy cream.
- Season with champagne vinegar and salt to taste. Shave black truffles on top.